The Staff and pupils of Ballagh NS would like to wish St. Faithleachs the very best of luck in the All-Ireland Semi-Final on Saturday, 29th January. To mark their wonderful achievement of winning the Connacht Final, we have recorded a little anthem, called The Red and White of Faithleachs. The words of this anthem are written below so please sing along with us. We hope you enjoy our song and our slideshow. .
- Oh the Red and White of Faithleachs, I can see it still,
- It’s rich and pure farmland, it’s tall majestic windmills,
- Where the Shannon kisses Lanesborough, and the waves caress it’s shore,
- Oh the feeling it came over me, to stay forever more, forever more!!!
- From it’s rolling river waters, I can see Sliabh Bán’s peak
- Where one Sunday every summer, the pilgrims climb the reek
- Where the cross in it’s solitude, looked down across Curraghroe
- and with a ringing of Ballagh’s bells, called the faithful there to pray, there to pray..
- Oh take me to Faithleachs pitch, the home of GAA
- It’s players are the best, from the goalie to the forwards,
- and now I must depart, and reality is plain,
- may the time not pass so slowly, before I get playing again, playing again….
- Chorus x 1..
Ballagh NS, Kilrooskey, Co. Roscommon F42 CF90
Phone: 09066 25884